1. The Photograph: In order to achieve a nice
picture is better to start from a great photography, this photo was
taken by a professional Photographer: Emilio Guerrero
2. Open your Image with Gertrudis Pro:
You can learn more about this software at:
3. Apply coarse strokes along the image:
In this case I selected the style named "Watercolor-Large Size", and
applied it along the whole image using the Autosketch Tool. Dont
Panic!, this is not the final result.
4. Refine the size of the strokes: and apply the Autosketch Tool only in the areas where more details is needed.
5. Refine even more the size of the strokes: and apply the Autosketch Tool in the eyes, mouth and fingers.
6. Copy the result to the Clipboard: Now we are going to switch to Photoshop, but before doing this, copy the resultant image to the clipboard. (Ctrl-C)
7. Now Switch to Photoshop: Create a new
RGB image: File | New. You should notice that Photoshop suggest in the
image size the same size of the contents of the clipboard. Once created
the image, press Ctrl-V in order to paste the contents of the clipboard.
8. Create a Brightness and Contrast adjustment layer:
Use the following settings:
9. Create a Hue and Saturation adjustment layer:
Before doing this, select the background. There is no need to make a
very accurate selection, you can use for example the lasso tool, then
enter in the quick mask mode (just press Q), and make a gaussian blur
to the selection mask. Exit from the quick mask mode Q. Now you are
ready to create the adjustment layer.
The Layers Window should be seen like that:
Final image details: